To support the implementation of the USAID Feed the Future Rural Resilience Activity in Borno State. More specifically, coordinate the implementation of the Life Skills component of the Activity through pieces of training on Life skills, entrepreneurship, and employability to women and youths, and subsequent linkage to digital services. She is principally responsible for the implementation of activities that empower women to build resilience in line with the models developed under the Rural Resilience Job Description support implementation of the USAID Feed the Future Rural Resilience Activity in Borno State. More specifically, coordinate the implementation of the Life Skills component of the Activity through training on Life skills, entrepreneurship, and employability to women and youths, and subsequent linkage to digital services. She is principally responsible for the implementation of activities that empower women to build resilience in line with the models developed under the Rural Resilience Activity.
- Support field level technical assessments in coordination with the FSL Manager and other SC thematic areas and/or other external sector agencies, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments integrate analysis of children’s needs.
- With support from FSL Coordinator(s) and/or other senior programme staff, develop and implement project monthly work plans, activity plans and budgets, contributing towards an overall project implementation.
- With support from the FSL team and/or other senior programme staff, support with inputs in development of high-quality concept notes and proposals.
- With the support of FSL Manager and Coordinator(s), support project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities with quality and compliance (for example, monitoring against log frames, individual performance management work plans) and in line with SC quality benchmarks and SoPs.
- Working closely with the FSL Manager and/or other senior programme staff, support timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal SC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Working closely with MEAL and HR teams for the identification, recruitment and training of project enumerators and volunteers
- With support from the FSL Coordinator and/or other senior programme staff, identify programme supplies needs and coordinate with the logistics team to put in place a sensible phased procurement plan.
- With support from the Monitoring & Evaluation team support the M & E plan implementation within the FSL projects, ensuring this links to project indicators, reporting requirements, and support capacity building of technical field staff in carrying out the work.
- With support from the Accountability Lead ensure accountability is enforced in all project activities as well as ensuring that feedback from children and their families is considered in project design/implementation
- Work closely with partners and their staff to ensure project activities are implemented in time, within available budget and the stipulated quality.
- To ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with Save the Children policies, the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Minimum of a First Degree (or its equivalent) in a Agriculture, Economics, Business Administration or any other relevant subject
- Minimum of 2 years post NYSC progressive experience of working in food security and livelihood sector
- Previous experience of project management including planning, implementation, monitoring and transition
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability to build ownership.
- Good working knowledge of monitoring, evaluation and learning approaches.
- Experience of training and capacity building staff and beneficiaries
- Some experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external coordination.
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of developing proposals
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports.
- Excellent communication and strong influencing skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
Location: Borno, Nigeria.
For More Information: WOMEN ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT OFFICER