As a Human Resources Officer/Generalist, your role will involve managing the Human Resources department and overseeing operational and administrative tasks such as recruitment and staffing, compensation and benefits administration, employee relations, organization and space planning, training and development, performance management, and policy development and management. You will also collaborate with other departments to learn more about the company and provide support as needed.
- Conduct recruitment activities for the organization, its academy, and clients by creating job descriptions, posting job ads, screening candidates, administering tests, scheduling interviews, performing reference checks, issuing employment contracts and sending rejection emails.
- Prepare and update new employee files and coordinate their onboarding.
- Update personnel records relating to employee directories, recruitment databases, staffing, absences, training, leave applications, benefits, performance evaluations, repositories, etc.
- Conduct employee check-ins to ensure positive employer-employee relationships.
- Create and coordinate performance review procedures to ensure productivity.
- Identify training needs and coordinate learning sessions, workshops and seminars.
- Create and implement strategic HR initiatives for the organization and clients as required.
- Manage and negotiate employee compensation, benefits, and vendor engagements.
- Schedule meetings, HR events, maintain agendas, and manage and update the calendars of the Human Resources Management Team.
- Prepare HR-related reports as needed (event reports, survey reports, feedback reports, progress reports)
- Create and monitor HR-related budgets and propose cost-effective operational measures.
- Create and distribute surveys and forms to collate data and identify areas for improvement.
- Review current HR technology and recommend more effective software and tools.
- Monitor employee progress and stay abreast of industry trends to ensure activities stay up-to-date.
- Respond to staff inquiries regarding HR policies, employee benefits, and other HR-related matters.
- Manage overall office administration, including facility management, provision of amenities, etc.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping Human Resources information confidential.
- Review and distribute company policies while maintaining quality service by following organization standards.
- Proofread documents, contracts and announcements for other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience with five years in Human Resources Management
- Familiarity with HRIS (Human Resources Information System) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- Mediation and conflict resolution.
- Ambitious self-starter.
- Avid negotiator with a can-do attitude.
- Great attention to detail.
- Discretion and confidentiality skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Socially conscious and interested in contributing to the development of the country.
Location: Lagos State, Nigeria.
Apply: HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER