As Manager of Fixed Assets, you will execute Fixed Assets best practices and processes across in-market entities.
- Overseeing day-to-day activities of the Fixed assets and IFRS 16 accounting.
- Managing daily activities of direct reports
- Support ongoing change, process standardization, and continuous improvement initiatives across the FA lease function.
- Handling all audit-related matters and closure of issues that have been raised in prior audits
- Handle customer-facing interactions on all FA activities.
- Manage the business partnering function with the Shared Service Center for all Fixed-related transactions
- Responsible for enforcing SOX controls related to lease accounting
- Take a leading role in resolving any Fixed Asset issues that might arise.
- Coordinating timely recording of all project activities, including new additions, renewals, inter-entity movements/ transfers, and decommissioning activities. Act as a focal point for ensuring ERP recording of these activities by the Shared Service Center
- Coordinating monthly month-end activities for Fixed assets and reviewing month-end Fixed Assets schedules.
- Provide accounting assistance to support user departments and operations/ technical staff. Respond to financial questions/ concerns to meet business needs.
- Provide any out-of-turn support for processing urgent or critical requests and ensure coordination with the Shared Service Center team.
- Ensure strict compliance with policies, processes, procedures, IFRS, IAS, and GAAP.
- Support training and education on new policies, practices, and standards.
- Perform any other activities or tasks assigned from time to time and/ or required as part of continuous improvement initiatives within the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (Finance and Management-related strongly preferred).
- Evidence of professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA).
- +5 years’ relevant post-NYSC work experience in the core accounting function.
- Demonstrable proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Must possess solid knowledge of Fixed Assets best practices and trends that support the implementation of effective business partnering.
- Proven work history of finance business partnering and use of ERP platforms.
- Experience in Finance functions within the telco industry is an added advantage.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
For More Information: MANAGER FIXED ASSETS