Tragic Cause of Musician Aaron Carter’s Sudden Death Revealed

by Adeola Adeyeye
0 comment
Aaron Carter

Musician Aaron Carter’s cause of death was revealed after an autopsy report was released on April 18, 2023. The singer was found dead in a bathtub at his home in Lancaster, California on November 5, 2022. The autopsy report revealed that the cause of his death was drowning and the effects of difluoroethane, a flammable gas commonly used as a propellant in compressed air cans, and alprazolam, a generic form of Xanax.

The autopsy report also stated that Carter was “submerged” in his bathtub after inhaling compressed gas and taking alprazolam. Difluoroethane is a colourless, odourless gas that can cause frostbite and easily ignite, while alprazolam is a medication that can be used to treat depression and fear of open spaces.

The manner of Aaron Carter’s death was ruled accidental according to the autopsy. His housekeeper discovered his body and called 911 for help, yelling for assistance.

Carter rose to fame in the late ’90s and was in the industry for decades. He was also the younger brother of Nick Carter, a member of the Backstreet Boys. After Aaron’s death, Nick paid tribute to his late sibling on Instagram, sharing throwback photos of them together and expressing his love for his brother, despite their complicated relationship.

Aaron Carter’s mother, Jane Carter, had previously called for a “real investigation” into her son’s death. She fully believed that it was not caused by an accidental overdose. She shared images of Aaron’s death scene on Facebook in March. However, the autopsy report confirmed that the manner of his death was accidental.


cc: PerthNow

Leave a Comment