The main goal of the Finance Manager is to maximize the value of the firm to its owners. Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions. Research and analyze financial reports and market trends. Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decisions.
- Perform cash reconciliations, payment date accounting, monthly reporting, and report production, daily modeling, analysis and reporting, day-to-day, and financial Analysis.
- Be responsible for the day- to-day general ledger accounting and reconciliation, financial reporting, and analysis for assigned functional areas.
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement, and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis.
- Support the cash forecasting process and contribute to the global cash management strategy.
- Evaluate new banking products and services.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of bank account, balance, bank/treasury systems, and bank cost information.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and funds available for investment.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Review investment strategy seek out new opportunities and recommend changes in investments to manage risk and generate an acceptable rate of return.
- Measure and evaluate return on investment and trends that may impact the portfolio.
- Advise management on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning; and
- Prepare financial reports, charts, tables, and other exhibits as requested.
- Have a first degree in Finance/Accounting.
- Possess any Finance certification; ICAN/ACCA.
- Possession of post-graduate qualifications in a related field.
- Possess over 7 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding/working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls and apply them.
- Have a thorough understanding of derivatives, hedging, investments, modeling, and bank account management.
- Have extremely strong MS Excel and financial modelling skills.
- Know procedural controls and data validation techniques.
- Proven experience with treasury tools such as banking portals and treasury management systems.
- Have a thorough understanding of derivatives, hedging, investments, bank account management, and international funds flows; and
- Is an analytical thinker with the ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems.
Location: Edo, Nigeria.
For More Information: FINANCE MANAGER