Mr Gregory Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, has addressed the public for the first time after Saturday’s presidential elections.
The former governor of Anambra state on Thursday vowed to challenge the outcome of the 25 February election in court.
He said the presidential election which was won by the All Progressives Congress candidate, Bola Tinubu, was controversial and programmed to deliver pre-determined results.
Earlier on Monday, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and LP agents at the National Collation Centre, protested the continuation of the collation of results by INEC. They insisted that the result must be uploaded on the election viewing portal, IREV.
In a joint press briefing on Tuesday, the two opposition parties asked Mr Yakubu, the INEC Chairman, to step down. This happened before the official declaration of the result after asking INEC to conduct another election.
Speaking at the press conference, Peter Obi said,
This election did not meet the minimum standard expected of a free, fair, transparent and credible election. It will go down as one of the most controversial elections ever conducted in Nigeria.
He said he had challenged several election results and come out victorious. He further asserts that he would be approaching the court with the firm belief of getting justice.
Furthermore, he vowed,
We have to go through this darkness. The structure of criminality can’t go out overnight. All we need to show is commitment and resilience. I will be at the forefront and will work through this darkness until daybreak.